P. Leroy Donnelly...

... was quite a character. He was also my great-grandfather, though unfortunately I never got the chance to meet him. Earlier this year upon the occasion of my marriage to Ella, dad passed along to me a family heirloom - Leroy's pocketwatch. It's a really, really nice one, and it's still working in top shape. I have decided that one of the best ways to honor the memory of Leroy is to bring the watch with me on special occasions. I don't have specific criteria for this yet, but in general it's going to be events that I think he'd enjoy, and/or events where I think I could use his support. On October 7th of this year, P. Leroy came to Keeneland with me. I have to say I'm pretty sure he had a good time, and he definitely brought me good luck.

Ella is continuing to take ove the real estate world in Lexington. She's got a great mentor/boss at the office who is one of Lexington's top agents. The two of them work well together, and Ella is really learning a lot. She's busy as ever, but still excited about the job so that's what matters. I think she's sold 6 or 7 houses now, which is really impressive for her first full year being licensed in Lexington.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment