Old Man Brann

I'm happy to say that I am typing this entry as I await the final leg of my trip home. I will never again return to Clermont-Ferrand. In fact, if I didn't see France again for another few years that would be ok too. I'd like to go back to Nice sometime, and also to Bordeaux. There are a lot of great things about France, I'll just have to re-read some of my own blog entries to remember them. Right now all I can think about is that I'm sick of "boarding by bus" at Charles DeGaulle, and things that don't work properly. I'm told that if you want to go somewhere in Europe where things work properly, you must go to Germany. Sounds good to me.

One last note about events this month - Strother H. Brann II turns 60. That's right, my old man is reaching a big milestone in his life next week, and I'm excited that Ella and I will be celebrating with him and mom. We're all heading to Nashville for a nice relaxing weekend. Just a few short weeks back, we gathered with Ella's family to celebrate Dennis Charles' 60th birthday in Ashville, NC. I really love that town, and spending a weekend with the "in-laws" is always relaxing. We went on a hike along the blue-ridge parkway and it was wonderful. The most amusing thing to me about these "old guys" is that when you ask them what they want for their 60th b-day, they can't decide between an iPod, a satellite radio, and a digital camera. Dennis got both of the last two - will update you on Stroh's presents next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment