Air travel and the strike

Air travel has really reached some new lows for me. 12 flights over the past 2 weeks, and right now, Delta has got a 59% on-time rate. Not bad, but not good. None of my delayed flights were due to weather. One single delay on my first trip turned a 13 hour trip into a 21 hour trip. Neat. Upon my arrival this week in Paris, I learned that all flights to Clermont were cancelled due to a strike by the baggage workers at the airport there. I guess 5 weeks vacation and a 35 hour work week aren't good enough - they want more money and contracts to ensure their job security. I know everything is relative, but these guys need a reality check. So I got to take the 4 hour train ride from Paris to Clermont. Neat. To add insult to injury, when I called Delta to ask what they would do to compensate me for this, their answer was that "we can't confirm that flight was cancelled." When I was consulting at McDonald's once I was astounded to learn that they have no idea how many hamburgers they sell on a given day. This revelation from Delta, that they can't really look at the history of a recent flight was equally surprising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment