Random notes

The NY Times has a great site that lists all the Presidential candidates' web sites. Barack Obama is certainly fighting hard (and effectively) for my vote. Everyone should go play the energy game that Chevron has developed. It's not perfect, but it is free, amusing, and based on facts.

Also, the hardest working guy in the bourbon business is NOT the master distiller, as many might think. It's the barrel house worker. Watching the "barrel rolling competition" at this year's bourbon festival, I was amazed at the strength and skill of these individuals. A full barrel of bourbon weighs just over 500 pounds, and once it gets rolling, it's hard to stop (or turn, for that matter).

Jason and Kim got to take Leo home this week, which is really cool. They're easily two of the best people I know, and certainly deserving of all the happiness that I'm sure Leo will bring into their lives. I know Katy and Andre are also getting along well with little Charlie, who has been home for a while now. Katy is an educator and Andre serves our country, so I am also happy to see that Charlie continues to beat the odds. Now that I think about it, Ella and I have great friends. Also, the thought of having kids (which has always scared me because of the responsibility involved) now scares me even more because two couples so close to us have had unexpected surprises in the process. Tobi, on the other hand, is fairly predictable.

----------------
Now playing:
Alison Krauss - Dreaming My Dreams With You
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment