Snow

 
Well I finally got a chance to get out and around town. Unfortunately, it was also the first snow of the year here. Not a real heavy snow, but enough to make it a nuisance to walk around and take pictures. Then again it's winter in Sweden, so I figure why not take some pictures of the snow. This is a picture of the Goteborg cathedral. The choir was rehearsing their winter concert for tomorrow evening and I got to listen in - very nice.

The stunning thing to me about this cathedral is how simple it is, especially as compared with the ornate cathedrals of mainland Europe. These Swedes don't even have anything painted on the ceiling. They have some ornamental gold trim in the sanctuary and a gold sculpture at the head of the cathedral, but that's it. It's beautiful on the inside - don't get me wrong - but much more simple than other cathedrals I've seen. Now off to the tram station to see if Jeff and I feel like braving the weather to check out the islands. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment