Perks

 Let's talk for a moment about my job. Basically what we do at EDS is help companies meet their business objectives by making sure they have the best IT solutions for their needs. This is a fairly intangible product we offer. Often, we have to travel to a client's facilities to provide our services, which can mean spending extended periods away from our friends and families. In my case, this trip to Sweden is 19 days (domestic trips are generally 4 days).

One of the perks we enjoy is that the company pays for our meals while we are travelling. This is nice. Occasionally, this means room service. In light of the brewing blizzard outside and my lack of knowledge of close local restaurants, I decided to eat-in for lunch today. Most times we're staying at a holiday inn or something and room service is nothing to write home about. This Radisson SAS here in Goteburg is an exception though. The Radissons here in Sandanavia are several steps up from any Radisson I've ever seen in the US. I decided to chance it with the Swordfish, and you can imagine my surprise when the plate above arrived at my room. Needless to say, the lunch was exceptional. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment