On the road again

The new year has brought with it a number of changes. Ella was voted onto the board for the Parrothead Club (Bluegrass Chapter). This is a big deal. For those of you unfamiliar with the Parrothead clubs, check out the link. In short, it's a Jimmy Buffet fan club, social club, and charity organization all in one, but that really doesn't do it justice. Mostly it's a great group of people who "party with a purpose" (their motto), and they all understand the value of taking an occasional diversion from the rat race of life to spend some time in Margaritaville.

After being voted onto the board by the general club membership, Ella was appointed by her peers on the board to serve as President of the club this year. That makes me the First Monkey, or something. Whatever it is I'm proud of her. There are also a number of other young members on the board, so I'm looking forward to an even more exciting set of events this year. We've made a lot of good friends through the club and its events, so, as much as I still hate 80% of Buffett's (cheezy, generic, "I-had-a-drink-on-the-beach-then-sailed-my-boat-to-some-island") music, I'm glad I joined the club.

On the job front, after sitting "on the bench" for 2 months, I have been presented with an opportunity to travel to Sweden for a quick project at SKF - the world's largest manufacturer of ball bearings. Apparently there's big money in ball bearings. Of course I said yes, and I'll be flying to Goteborg Sweden next Saturday. I've been doing a little research about Sweden today and I have to say I'm even more excited the more I read about it. Will keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment