Memorial Weekend

Well, I have to say it was a successful memorial day weekend in Indianapolis. I took a first timer this year and I have to say I was very excited to see the crowds getting bigger rather than smaller at the speedway. Hopefully the new drivers and the merger of IRL and Champ Car will continue to improve the popularity of the sport. Plus it makes Saturday night on Georgetown road all that much more interesting.

Three women started the race, but only one finished though, and it wasn't the one everyone wanted (Danica Patrick). Jim Nabors was back to sing "Back Home in Indiana" and I have to say I shed a tear. There is something to be said for tradition. There were over 400 military on hand too, which was great to see, and we certainly showed our appreciation.

Today I'm off to NYC to begin wrapping up this latest project. I'm doing it as a one day trip, which means trusting that Delta won't leave me stranded in NY tonight. I'm also sporting a brand new Dell laptop. I opted for the ultra-light and I already love it. Time to board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment