GOTV

It stands for get out the vote. I learned that last week when I volunteered a day of my time to work for Barack Obama, the man I believe is the best choice for President. Spending a day working for a campaign was interesting. I made some phone calls and did some data entry for them, but what was more interesting was watching the real campaign workers in action. These were certainly some passionate volunteers who really believe that they have the ability to affect Senator Obama's showing in the Kentucky Democratic Primary today. I hope they are right.

What really gets me is how many media outlets are comparing Kentucky with West Virginia. Yes, we both have coal mines, Appalachian poverty and, statistically, poor dental hygiene. Take a look at the Daily Show excerpt from West Virginia's primary day. Now, they can probably find some people like that in Kentucky, but those people moved here from West Virginia.

Sadly, I think the march of Robo-Hillary will continue. I wonder if they plug her in at night to re-charge her, or is there a big wind-up key in her back?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment