Finally settled in, time to leave

Now that Ella and I are finally settled into our new place, looks like I'm off to France for 7 weeks. I'm expecting a plane ticket this week for April 25 - June 10th. My employer has also assured me that they will pay for a plane ticket for Ella too, which makes the 7 weeks away from home not so bad. The French take a ton of vacation days in the summer too, so it's likely that it will be a rather relaxing summer.

The town I'm heading for is Clermont-Ferrand, in the Auvergne region. It's right in the middle of the country, about 3 hours from Paris or Nice. Tentative plans for the summer include a run down to Monte Carlo for the Monaco Grand Prix, and some tours of the French wine country when Ella comes out to visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

Some thoughts on impeachment

88 Keys