Day 3

Well, today was my first full day on French time and it went pretty well. Had a nice breakfast, put on my suit and tie and walked to work. It is really nice to be able to walk to work. You get in a little exercise in the morning and evening, and the old Roman city here is so interesting there are a million things to see. Little Boulangerie's and Patisserie's around every corner. I'm sure it'll get old, but for now it makes for an interesting commute.

The language barrier can be really frustrating, but I'm learning. At least they speak English at work. Well, it's broken English but it's way better than my French. The project is certainly an interesting one, and a good resume builder. Unfortunately, we are continuing to discover communication gaps, especially around how much I am actually needed here. Working in France is all fine and good, but I've got a honey and a new house in Kentucky that I'm already homesick for. Ben and Matt are talking about visiting, which would be a good time if they can swing it.

I bought soap, shampoo, Toilet paper and some really good beer at the market today. PB&J for dinner and a couple classes of Sancerre. Just about to hop on a web call with Ella. We had a good one yesterday. I found out there is a data throughput limit on the Free Internet I get at the hotel though, and I think I ran it out yesterday loading up pics. Won't make that mistake again. I need to take my camera with me to work sometime so I can get some shots of the town to share with you guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

Some thoughts on impeachment

88 Keys