Week of July 9 Update

Well I had a delightful 4th of July at home with Ella and Tobi. Ella and I actually walked in Lexington's parade, carrying the banner for K.E.E.P., an organization that promotes legislation to improve and solidify the horse industry as one of Kentucky's key industries. The 7th I spent the day out on lake Cumberland with friends Kris and Michelle. A good day on the lake just can't be beat.

Monday however I was back on a plane to the city by the bay. This time I stayed in the Sir Francis Drake hotel. What a joy to be staying a short elevator ride away from the Starlight Room. Of course, I made the most of it. The place was closed down Monday night because several (un-named) major league ball players rented out the entire lounge for a private party. Nice.

Work at PG&E is going very well. I still love walking to work and I really don't mind the travel. I'm really only away from home for 3 nights a week. Compare that with the 43 consecutive nights that Atos Origin (my previous employer) asked me to stay on the road and it's a cake walk. As an added bonus, my dog actually remembers me when I come home now.

I have received a great deal of support from friends and family for my photography exhibition in Lexington. Not only did a great many people attend the gallery hop, but several friends and family have gone out of their way (some made a 3 hour drive) to see my work. I am greatly appreciative of this support, especially because it already has me thinking about where my next show will be.

On a down note, W and McCain further solidified their standings as D.C.'s village idiots, and it appears we may all be rallying behind Obama like it or not. I'm not convinced he's the best choice, and it really bothers me that the (media's) implication is that whomever raises the most money the fastest will obviously be the best President. On the contrary, it just means he/she is good at pitching a product. What we need is a diplomat, a statesman, someone who can address both out domestic and foreign policy needs at the same time without eating their own words on a weekly basis and needing a vice president who tries to hide anything and everything from the public. I heard that Dick Cheney is now denying that he's even the vice president. O that we could be so fortunate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

Some thoughts on impeachment

88 Keys