update from SF

I am now in my 4th week of what is proving to be a great project out here at PG&E. As Mark Twain put it though "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." He may have over stated a bit, but we're topping out in the high 70s this week and that's about as hot as it gets out here. The bluegrass is experiencing a bit of a heat wave so I can't say I miss that.

Things are busy at work, but wanted to update on a few developments of note:

1) Had lunch today at Yank Sing, the finest Dim Sum restaurant in San Francisco. They are only open for lunch, and I was lucky enough to snag a reservation. It was a real treat, and several of the team had never dined in this traditional Chinese style.

2) I'm attending a summer performance of the San Francisco symphony tonight and couldn't be more excited. Nothing against the Lexington Philharmonic, but I'm a sucker for the big city symphonies. Tonights program: "A program for the romantic at heart. Tchaikovsky’s Fantasy-Overture from Romeo and Juliet is full of longing— reminiscent of the most tragic of all love stories, while Strauss’s Don Juan is unabashedly seductive and Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 3 is as lush and beguiling as new love. These are melodies to seduce your ear and stir your emotions." There are some clips online for those of you less fortunate. HAHA!

3) Tickets for Keeneland go on sale August 1 so get your reservations to me ASAP if you have not already done so. If you don't know what Keeneland is, you have my sympathy.

4) My poor dog Tobi has an ear infection and an eye infection. No doubt these were both agitated by her recent evening running around out in the countryside of our friends' home, but I hate to see her sick regardless. Thankfully Ella is taking good care of her and the vet gave Tobi some drugs that should clear things up in no time.

5) American Airlines is still as chincy as ever. In addition to charging for food, they now also charge for beer in their Admiral's Club lounges. These lounges were once the gold standard in terms of VIP treatment, but no more. My recommendation is that you avoid flying American at all costs. Delta may run late now and then, but at least their snacks are free, and they serve Woodford Reserve on all flights.

6) Formula 1 is no longer coming to Indianapolis. It's a shame that it never caught on, but I can't say I'm surprised.

7) I am now cheering for Mitt Romney for our next President. By no means am I saying that I agree with all his positions on the issues, but I do think he may be the best man for the job. He's smart, has charisma, and he let's you know where he stands on the issues. People are concerned that he is a mormon, but I am not. Two of his sons are Eagle scouts, and he is the only Republican candidate that is (admirably) still on his first wife. Giuliani is on his third - who's the polygamist now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

Some thoughts on impeachment

88 Keys