New York City

Here are some highlights of what I did last week on a business trip to New York city:
  • Developed and delivered a sales presentation with a team of colleagues
  • Won some new business for EDS
  • Got to experience commuting from White Plains to NYC - not something I'd do on a daily basis, let me tell you that.
  • Got "Delta'd" - my return flight was canceled for no apparent reason at all, though Delta blames the weather so that they don't have to compensate anyone
  • Took a $106 cab ride to Jersey City, NJ, the location of the nearest hotel with an available room (a lot of people got Delta'd at Laguardia that day)
  • Spent the night in charming Jersey City. If you're thinking about taking a vacation there, consider Gary, IN instead.
  • Wrote a complaint letter to Delta and got a "sorry about your luck" in response.
On the up side, I may get to spend a good portion of the spring traveling to NYC, which would be an interesting change of pace. I'm tired of being on the bench.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment