Apparently, I'm an artist

It's official. Well, it's as official as it's gonna get for the time being. I was interviewed last night by the Nougat magazine, Lexington's monthly arts magazine. They're getting ready to put out their June issue which will include coverage of the Gallery Hop. This is a function that the Lexington Arts Council puts on several times a year where art galleries stay open on a Friday evening and people can go around and visit them. I have to say it's nice to be in a town that supports the arts community so well.

I was interviewed by the Nougat, because for the June gallery hop, I am an "exhibiting artist." After no small amount of poking ant prodding from my family and friends, I finally took my photography portfolio to an art gallery here in town and was invited to exhibit some of my photos. The fine folks at the Lexington Antique Gallery will be displaying 10-12 of my pictures throughout June and most of July, and the gallery is participating in the June 15th gallery hop.

I'm very excited about this opportunity to show off and share my work with the community. Heck, someone might even buy one of my prints - that would be really cool. My friends and family helped me go through the portfolio and pick what we think are some of my best shots. I worked with the guys at Franken Frames to get mats and frames for all the prints. This coming Tuesday, I'll head over to the gallery to hang my work. I've decided that, once that first picture gets hung on the wall, that'll make me officially an artist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment