Summer heat

Decided I'd better updated my blog before Google decided I'm no longer using it. Perhaps the fact that I've gone so long without updating here means that I'm getting my social media fix through other means - I have been using Twitter more and of course Facebook. Part of it is certainly that I've become super busy at work since I transferred jobs at the start of this year. I'm now working in HP's TS consulting group as a cloud strategist. Sounds silly, and cloud computing is one of the most overused buzz-words in existence at the moment. I'm betting that cloud computing really is going to change the way people look at IT, and the conversations I've been having with our customers this year seem to confirm this.

The biggest change in my personal life was a move to downtown Lexington. We love this town, and we found that we were spending so much of our time downtown we might as well move there. Plus we had a four bedroom house, which was a bit more than we really needed with just the two of us and the dogs. The downside is that I'm spending $50 every time I walk to the farmers' market, but I guess that comes with the territory.

I will be wrapping up my MBA at Indiana University this fall. It's been really enjoyable, but I am looking forward to that February graduation date too, so I can have some free-time back. Fox news is still trash, I don't have an opinion about Casey Anthony, and I think the end of the space shuttle program is a real disappointment for America. I say a great statistic the other day that we spend $184 billion to bail out AIG, and we only spent $165 billion on the ENTIRE shuttle program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

Some thoughts on impeachment

88 Keys