This work stuff is hard work

I can't remember the last time I've been this busy at work. I logged in here today to find that my last post was April 9th, over a month ago. It feels like I wrote that yesterday.

I've been working in L.A. for a few months now, and I have returned to operating like a professional traveler. I know that the E concourse in the Atlanta airport has the best restaurant, and I know that the A concourse in Memphis has the best Delta lounge. Room 431 at the Renaissance hotel is below the concierge lounge, so you don't want it, and room numbers that end in 25 are smaller due to the location of the laundry chute. Delta is flying the 777 on its ATL - LAX routes for at least the next 4 months, and if I book my flights with 7 days advance notice, I can generally get an "M" fare class which 1) earns me double MQMs and 2) almost guarantees me an upgrade to first class. And don't tell Hertz that you want satellite radio if you booked a "full-size" car at LAX, because if you do, their stupid computer system will put you in a minivan. Every time.

I was disappointed yesterday to learn that my fellow Kentuckians are voting for the Tea party candidate, Rand Paul. Sadly though, I was not surprised. Take a look at one of Mr. Paul's typical supporters at the recent "Open Carry" rally where he gave a speech. The man in this picture is not a law enforcement officer. Seriously. This is how the man dressed to come to Rand's rally. Nice. Rand also feels that we should repeal the Americans with Disabilities Act, because it hurts businesses.

People who follow my posts know that I will be the first in a long line of people to criticize Mitch McConnell for many of his profoundly stupid policy stances, but I still think Trey Grayson, our successful Secretary of State, would better represent my interests than no-experience Rand Paul who attracts fans like GI Joe here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment