Back on the Bench

Here I sit in my lovely home office, killing time on a conference call. I think conference calls are almost worse than an in-person status meeting, especially in terms of the frequency with which they are abused/over-used. My own theory is that such meetings/calls are generally held for the benefit of just one person. In my own experience it's often true that the one person in question is holding the meeting or call simply because they are too lazy to do the leg work necessary to gather the information they need. Come on people! We're all busy these days. We're all working for companies that have laid off half the work force and expect the rest of us to absorb the additional work load. Don't ask me to join a call unless you need me to - how hard is that? I could be playing Mafia Wars or Rock Band or something.

Hopefully, this time on the bench will be short-lived. There has been talk of projects in New Jersey, Alaska, Montreal, and Cincinnati. Hopefully one of those will come through for us. Connecticut was nice, but I can't say I really miss the place. Frank's Navy stories and the beers at Old Heidelberg were really the highlights of that project.

Things in Lexington are actually going really well this summer. Ella is selling houses left and right. We've been going out with our friends to new restaurants as part of this "Lexington Dining Club" we started. I've finally been able to work on my golf game, which sorely needed some help. I've successfully convinced Ella that golf is a sport we can enjoy together - hopefully that proves true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment