P. Leroy Goes to See the Ponies, Again

It was one of those beautiful spring days that makes life in the Bluegrass so nice. Jason and Kim.5 came down with Leo, and we all tailgated at Keeneland with the Parrotheads. I say Kim.5 because they're having another kid! With many of my friends two kids would concern me, but these two are probably the most grounded set of parents I know.

The Budweiser Clydesdales were at the track and boy did Leo think that was cool. Well it was cool, actually. Seeing a Clydesdale next to a dinky little Thoroughbred makes you wonder why they don't race draft horses! I'll bet the average Clydesdale poop weighs more than the average Thoroughbred jockey. We walked Leo around the barns to visit some of the big money horses racing this weekend, then I went inside the track to do my great grandfather proud by losing some money at the track. He's probably up there somewhere wondering why I was making those measly $2 bets.

Ella and I were going to do Thunder over Louisville, but her sister got married again which trumped our plans. Oh well there's always next year.

I'm off to San Francisco again. It's starting to feel like a 2nd home to me. I can give people directions and help them sort out the subway system, so I might as well be local. It's a long commute, but it sure beats Findlay, OH. On the up side the guys I'm working with are great and we have some favorite watering holes in town that we frequent. Next time you're in San Francisco and looking for a good sandwich, check out Giordano Brothers on Columbus. And come hungry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment