Protest Rock Lives


George is in the jungle
knockin’ on the door
come to get your children
wants to have a war

Brownie's in the outhouse
Katrina on the line
government's a disaster
but George, he says it’s fine

Come on, lord you’d better run,
be a long dark night before this thing is done

The above lyrics are the opening to John Fogerty's "Long Dark Night," one of many great songs on his "Revival" album. I highly recommend it. I also just picked up:
1) Porter Wagoner - Wagonmaster
2) Gloria Estefan - 90 Milas
3) Willie Nelson - Moment of Forever
4) Bruce Springsteen - Magic
5) Blind Boys of Alabama - Down in New Orleans
6) Mark Knopfler - Kill to get Crimson

I also broke down and got a big screen TV - should get it home this week. It's a plasma, so you can't lay it on its side. Who knew? Mostly I'm looking forward to watching Dirty Jobs in high definition. I love that show. Oh, the TV is a 50" model from Samsung.

In the coming days, we will help Ella's aunt Gena and uncle Jim celebrate 35 years of marriage. Pretty cool. I'll also hold my first meeting as President of the Park Place neighborhood association. You can read all about the exciting happenings in our neighborhood here. I hope none of you are that bored.

I'm still on the bench. That means I'm playing a lot of Nintendo and looking for things to fill my time. I just got a book to help me prepare for taking the GMAT this spring. Exciting stuff. The upside to being home during the week (aside from catching up on Price is Right and sleeping in my own bed) is that Wednesday nights are bowling night for the "I shot 6 holes in my freezer" bowling league. The simple pleasure of bowling with friends just cannot be beat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

88 Keys

Some thoughts on impeachment