Go Edwards

I've decided to throw my support (for the moment) behind an Edwards/McCain ticket for the upcoming. There are several reasons for this.

1) I saw Edwards on 60 minutes with his wife and the guy really impresses me. He's charismatic, genuine, and I can relate to him better than any of the other candidates, especially because he's young.

2) I like McCain because of his straight-talk approach. I know some people think it's just a gimmick, and he's waffled on a few issues, but I believe he understands the true spirit of bi-partisanship and that will be key.

3) An Edwards/McCain ticket would appeal to an enormous amount of voters. There's no rule that says you can't have a two-party ticket. In fact, there's no law that says the electoral college has to elect two people who were running mates in the general election. They could've elected John Kerry to serve as Bush's VP (though I'd hate to see where that'd put us today).

4) All the other candidates continue to disappoint.

I know. It'll never happen. Don't worry though - I can run in the 2012 race and "there'll be some changes made."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

Some thoughts on impeachment

88 Keys