On the home front

It's good to be home. Ella and Tobi picked me up at the airport, and I enjoyed a few days of down time upon my return. Friday I went to my 2nd poker night - this time it was a Parrothead guys-night. We had a blast, and I even won some money.

Ella sold two houses while I was away in Sweden, which means a great start to the year for her. My Dad is now teaching a course at Purdue's Morgan center for Entrepreneurship, and he's really enjoying that. We've got a good crowd coming to Keeneland this spring, and I got our seats this week. So overall life is really good here in the Bluegrass.

I booked a hotel for this April in New Orleans when my buddy John is getting married. John is an opera singer, and a really good one at that. He's marrying Lisa, an opera
singer he met while living with me in New Orleans. I'm always excited for a return trip to the Crescent City, and this one is no exception. We've blocked off a week so we can catch up with friends down there and visit all the bars and restaurants that we miss so much.

Today is Superbowl Sunday, and I'll be cheering for my hometown heroes, the Indianapolis Colts. It's been a long time coming for them. We're going over to Bob's place to watch the game. Bob's business is custom home theater systems, and Bob's basement is a thing of beauty. Not only does it have the finest home theater I've ever seen, but he also has a nice pool table, a bar (with plasma screen so you don't miss anything while you're away from the big screen), and the entire basement is done in a tropical Parrot-head motif. It's overwhelming and glorious all in one. One day, I will have such a basement, one day...

Go Colts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

Some thoughts on impeachment

88 Keys