back in the saddle

Sorry for the long delay, but a wedding and honeymoon take a lot out of a guy, you know? I am happy to report that both activities went exceptionally well, and I am absolutely convinced at this point that I have the best friends and family that a guy could ask for - seriously.

On to more serious matters, when did people start using cell phones in restrooms? Have you seen this? I've been travelling a lot lately and I have to say I am frightened by the number of times I find myself next to someone in an airport restroom who is chatting on his cell phone. That's just not right. "Hi Frank - I'm taking a whiz right now, but let's go ahead and talk about that business proposal..." Come on.

I continue to be disappointed in the appalling service we get from airlines these days. Smaller seats, less food service ("here's your snack pack"), more frequent delays, general lack of customer service. Five of my last 6 flights were late for reasons other than weather, and do you think I got any compensation? Of course not.

On the upside, I just finished a trip to Greenville, SC. What a great town. They just did a major overhaul of their downtown and it has really paid off. They also have a new minor league baseball park that is very nice. Main street features tons of local restaurants, free parking, and a beautiful city park featuring the falls on the Reedy river. I highly recommend it.

I'm home for a few days now, then back to Clermont Ferrand next week for July 5 - July 21. A much shorter trip so I'm thinking it will be an easier pill to swallow. I got a call from Harrah's this week that they are looking for someone with my skill set. I have to believe they offer much better perks than my current employer, so we shall see. Even if they just fly me out to Vegas for an interview I think it would still be worth my time!

This weekend is shaping up rather nicely - my Mom scored us 4 free tickets to the USGP at the Brickyard. Hopefully Michelin will bring the correct tires this time. I'll speak with my contacts there and see what I can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hot dog buns

Some thoughts on impeachment

88 Keys